Monday, March 15, 2010

royston...

Royston…

A friend to all, a Casanova to many, a cricketer par excellent.
And someone who lived with such a great passion for life.
Sigh…I miss him deeply.
Royston was best described as the life of a party. A person who had a loud booming laughter, and lived in the most carefree of ways.
Someone who traveled light.
Girls just loved him, his guitar strumming, and a flirtatious smile across his face, his hair a bit messy. Energetically moaning a song. U could see how he swayed them.
A boy who was living the very essence that people so hope to live.
There were so many good things about this chap that u really don’t know where to start.
As a sports person he was super athletic and passionate, yet he never ever cheated.
And a friend, he lent an ear in a way v v few could or can. Never judged, always listened, and always was there for those who wanted someone to listen to them.
I remember in madras when I stayed with him. A woman asked him for money for a bus ticket. And he asked her where she was going. After she told him. He told her, Come here at 5 pm. There is a bus to... which ever place she was planning on going to. I will buy u a ticket if u come.
I asked him after we went away, will she come? He said. I don’t know. But if she does come , I know she is serious about going… such was his kindness…
Royston was also one of the biggest eaters of all time. Our tables used to compete on how many idli’es he and me could eat and also how many each table can put away.our table ate something like87 idlies [ between 87 of 7 us] and his managed 89 [12, but number didn’t count they said :D]
And he ate 35 to my 34…I was ….uggg…and so was he, but we ate and ate and ate  it was something else that we could barely walk after that.
The funniest thing is that a tiny boy called neubert ate 38 idlies!!! How? We couldn’t ever find out. We ever turned him over to find out, but couldn’t.
I miss his energy and laughter,even though I hadn’t heard it for years…

Sigh…what a beautiful chap …
May u be in peace man.




be happy, be simple, walk lightly, sing sweetly... be who u are... wat else can there be!!!